Hal Jordan gets recruited by a different kind of colorful guardians to become the Green Care Bear.
There are no references in this segment!
- Hal Jordan
- Good Luck Bear
- Cheer Bear
- Grumpy Bear
- Tenderheart Bear
- Funshine Bear
- Narrator (not in story)
Narrator: Since the dawn of time, they have guarded the Emotional Spectrum of Light. Now, a great fear has surfaced, and for the first time, a human has been chosen to join their ranks.
Good Luck Bear: What is your name?
Hal Jordan: Hal. Hal Jordan.
Good Luck Bear: Hal Jordan. You must become... the Green Care Bear!
(Title card: Green Care Bear)
Hal Jordan: You have... got to be kidding me.
Cheer Bear: We watch over all of existence from our world of Care-A-Lot.
Hal Jordan: Whatever. Do I have to wear this itchy thing?
Cheer Bear: You'd have to do more than that if you're going to be a Care Bear.
(Hal gets knocked back.)
Grumpy Bear: They call me Grumpy Bear because I hate training new recruits!
Hal Jordan: You look so soft, but punch so hard!
Tenderheart Bear: Funshine Bear has lost his faith. And, well, basically, he's not fun anymore.
Cheer Bear: Look! The Caring Meter is down to zero!
Hal Jordan: So is my interest meter.
Cheer Bear: What was that?
Hal Jordan: Uh, nothing, nothing. Something in my eye.
Narrator: This summer...
Hal Jordan: The one thing a Care Bear needs to do is care, that's not me.
Narrator: You will...
Cheer Bear: You have the power to overcome not caring!
(Funshine Bear blasts the other Care Bears with his Care Bear Stare.)
Cheer Bear: Say it, Hal! Say it!
Hal Jordan: Ugh... With itchy fur and curly hair, I make good friends most everywhere. I hug and smile and skip and share, feel the love, my Care Bear Stare!
(Title card again: Green Care Bear)
(Hal stands next to the pile of ash that was once Funshine Bear.)
Hal Jordan: Can I take this thing off now?
(Hal Jordan by hot and segment ends)
- Antagonist: Funshine Bear
- This is the first time when the second movie segment is styled like an Ad Parodies segment. The second is Adjustment Burro.
- 3rd time Care Bears and Green Lantern get spoofed.
- Grumpy Bear's voice sounds like the Big Bad Wolf from Law & Ogre.
- The Green Care Bear outfit itches, as Hal Jordan says.
- This is the 21st segment that the name of a MAD parody is said.
- This segment is animated by Rich Wilke.
- This is the fifth segment that that showed its title card twice. The previous segments were: