This segment is from MAD Season 2, Episode 9 (35): Kitchen Nightmares Before Christmas / How I Met Your Mummy.
A werewolf father tells his werewolf son and mummy daughter how he met their mummy mother.
- the Mummy
- I Was a Teenage Werewolf
- the Munsters
- Tim Burton's the Nightmare Before Christmas
- Disney and Pixar's Monsters, Inc.
- AAAHH!!! Real Monsters
- DreamWorks' Monsters vs. Aliens
- Sesame Street
- Friday the 13th
- the Addams Family
- Looney Tunes
- Swamp Thing
- Star Wars
- A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Michael Jackson
- Michael Jackson's Thriller
- Ted (Werewolf)
- Werewolf Son
- Mummy Daughter
- Mummy Mother
- Barney (Vampire)
- Robin (Medusa)
- Lily (Witch)
- Marshall (Frankenstein)
- Health Inspector
- Aunt Susan
- Two-Headed Monster
- Ted's Dentist
- Mummy at DMV
- Jack Skellington
- Cookie Monster
- Jason Voorhees
- Cousin Itt
- Swamp Thing
- Freddy Krueger
- Zombie Michael Jackson
(The scene begins with two children walking to Ted)
Ted: Come closer, children, and I will tell you a ghoulish tale of... (turns on light) How I Met Your Mummy!
(Title card: How I Met Your Mummy)
Ted: It all began one night at our favorite hangout.
Barney: I'm telling you, man! You've gotta get out there on the DATING SCENE! You gotta meet somebody!
Ted: Yeh! I'm gonna take Love Advice from a Guy in a Cape.
Lily and Marshall: (Laughing)
Barney: Hey! Ladies love the Cape. Watch and learn. (Turns to a Bat)
Barney: Hey there. How's it goin'?
Robin: AAH! A Bat! (Hits Barney with her pocket book)
Health Inspector: Flying rodents near the Kitchen?! (Smacks an F Poster on the A Poster) Hmph!
Lily: Trust Me! When you meet the Right Girl. You’ll know. Take Marshall for example he's the Man of my Dreams.
Lily: Of course, I created him out of my Favorite Parts of all this, Boyfriends but...
Ted: Agh! It's hopeless!
Ted: And then she walked into my Life.
Aunt Susan: Hey I'm sorry to take you Bat Friend away, we have some Rats in the Kitchen.
Ted: And that's how I met.... your Aunt Susan.
Werewolf Son: Wait! You said this is a Story about how you met our Mummy!
Ted: I'm getting to that! Sheesh! The Show is Fast enough as it is!
Ted: See the next Night, Barney convinced me to go out in a Double Date with him.
Ted, Barney, and Two-Headed Mosnter: RROOOOAAARRRRRR!
(The villagers get chased by Barney, and the girl watches villagers and discovers Ted)
Barney: Man! I love terrorizing Villagers! (Turns back to Human), having' fun Ladies?
Left Head: OK!
Right Head: I Guess.
Villagers: GRRR! Get them! Kill, Kill, Kill!
(Barney turns into a bat and flies away, the Two-Headed Monster runs away, and Ted opens the tomb and runs away.)
Ted's Dentist: Someone in here?
Ted's Dentist: AAAHHH!
Mummy Daughter: Is that how you met our Mummy?
Ted: What? No! That's how I met my Dentist. She's very Good. Also a Mummy.
Werewolf Son: But You said....
Ted: I'm getting to that!
Ted: The next day, I was at the DMV. (Wallet falls out)
Mummy at DMV: You dropped your wallet.
Ted: And that's... how I got my Driver's License. Nice Photo huh?
Werewolf Son: Dad! That's wasn't even a Story!
Mummy Daughter: And why does the story of How I Met Your Mummy involve so many unrelated Mummies?
Mummy Mother: Hey kids, what are you doing?
Ted: Oh I'm just telling the Kids the Story of How We Met.
Mummy Mother: Oh, you mean when I was working at the vet and you came in becuase you kept scratching your butt on the carpet.
(Werwolf Son and Mummy Daughter get disgusted)
Ted: And that's why I was taking my time. (becomes angry)
- This is the second Halloween segment. The first was the beginning TV segment in Episode 35.
- The segment's animation is similar to, which include:
- This is the second time How I Met Your Mother was parodied. The first time was How I Met My Brother.
- Jack Skellington from Tim Burton's the Nightmare Before Christmas appeared in this segment, too.
- An orange Sulley and a blue Mike from Disney and Pixar's Monsters, Inc. were seen at the party. (SPOILER: Possibly foreshadowing the prequel, Monsters University) There is a mistake with their colors, as in the film, Mike is green, and Sulley is blue with purple spots.
- This is the 20th segment that the name of a MAD parody is said.
- Antagonist: Ted, the Werewolf Father