|“||I had to get rid of you guys in order to make room for new shows on Cartoon Network, like MAD!||”|
— Dee Dee from Once Upon a Toon
|“||Look, i'm a time displace knight from the past, Metal is the least of my problems, i don't have ID or money, I'm not even here for the plane. My griffin just happens to be in this airport||”|
— Blue Knight
Taking Nemo: When Nemo goes missing, his father, Marlin, calls Liam Neeson to get him back.
Once Upon a Toon: Johnny Bravo teams up with a young boy named Henry Mills to restore the memories of all the classic Cartoon Network characters.
- MADvent Calendar - Been watching the leaves change for a week? Here are some MAD moments you may have missed:
- Monday, 10:00 AM: Cartoon Network celebrates its 20th Anniversary, but is still not old enough to stay up past 9:00 PM.
- Saturday, 3:30 PM: Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively get married, but avoid exchanging rings for fear of reminding anyone of the last ring debacle.
- Tuesday, 6:00 PM: Morgan Freeman says reports of his death are a hoax, unless of course, the afterlife looks like this!
- Opening Scene
- Taking Nemo (Movie Parody of Taken and Disney and Pixar's Finding Nemo)
- Animated Marginals segment - Alfred goes to the bull contest to catch a small bull.
- Caveman Makes Wood Fire (Animated by Mike Wartella)
- Dark Knight Bread Riser (Movie Parody of the Dark Knight Rises) (Ad Parodies segment)
- Extinction: It Can Happen at Any Time (Cartoon)
- The Adventures of Iron Man (Spoof on Iron Man / TV Parody of the Annoying Orange) (Ad Parodies segment)
- Blue Knight Forgets to Empty His Pockets and Finds Peanuts (Cartoon)
- Spy vs. Spy - Paper Airplane Chase (Directed by Tennessee Reid Norton) (Spy vs. Spy segment) (Stop-motion Cartoon)
- Animated Marginals segment - A ladybug goes to the Tattoo Removal.
- Alfred E. Neuman for President - Alfred E. Neuman Was There (Alfred E. Neuman for President segment)
- Fish Staring Contest (Animated by Mike Wartella)
- Once Upon a Toon (TV Parody of ABC's Once Upon a Time / Channel Parody of Cartoon Network)
- 5-second Cartoon - (from The Adventures of Iron Man) (5-second Cartoon segment)
- Main article: Taking Nemo / Once Upon a Toon/Gallery
- Main article: Taking Nemo / Once Upon a Toon (Transcript)
- This is the first time Taken and the Annoying Orange appeared on MAD.
- This is the only time Once Upon a Time, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, Cow & Chicken, the Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Evil Con Carne, Camp Lazlo, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Time Squad, Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Codename: Kids Next Door showed up on MAD.
- This is the second time the Extinction segment appeared.
- Once Upon a Toon was a special tribute to Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary, and this episode of MAD premiered three days after Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary, which was October 1, 2012.
- This is the third episode to spoof a Foreign film, and the third time Disney and Pixar's Finding Nemo is on MAD.
- This is the fourth time the Powerpuff Girls and Disney's the Little Mermaid showed up, and the fourth episode of MAD to premiere on Thursday night at 8:00 PM.
- In Once Upon a Toon, Jack goes missing after he jumps in the bag.
- This is the 25th time Spy vs. Spy was done in stop-motion, and the first time since Episode 58 that White Spy won.
- In Taking Nemo, Liam Neeson spoke without his Irish accent.
- 11th appearance of the Alfred E. Neuman for President segment.
- Right at the point while various characters fell through the trap door during the MAD opening scene, Goofy's trademark holler can be heard.
- During the MADvent Calendar mention of "Cartoon Network is 20, but still goes to bed at nine" is a reference to the daily Cartoon Network transformation to [adult swim].
- This is considered to be the best episode of MAD.
- People who purchased the MAD Season 3 pass on YouTube must be careful. People may instead see "The Amazing Spider-Minaj/Go, Dragon Ball, Go!" because the episode is instead named "The Amazing Spider-Madea (the early name/sketch)/Once Upon a Toon.
- Jack's voices of Hugh Davidson replaces Phil LaMarr he work on original TV since 1995 until 2000.
- Gregg Bissonette - Marlin, Airport Guard, and Goldfish
- Chris Cox - John Lasseter, Blue Knight, and the Adventures of Iron Man Announcer
- Hugh Davidson - Jack, Anchor, and Caveman
- Grey DeLisle - Ariel, Flounder, and Dexter
- Rachel Ramras - Dory, Henry Mills, and Pepper
- Kevin Shinick - Bruce, Johnny Bravo, Iron Man, SpongeBob SquarePants, Batman, Chum, Caveman, Dinosaur, Shoe / Pencil Sharpener, and the MADvent Calendar Announcer
- Tara Strong - Nemo, Cow, and Dee Dee
- Fred Tatasciore - Bryan Mills, Chicken, Alfred E. Neuman Announcer and Celebrity Superpowers Announcer